What a week in our country. I can imagine that you may be feeling overwhelmed by the intensity of the news and pictures as I certainly am, as well as by the rapid pace of new information that keeps coming out.
Take a moment for yourself. I would urge you to consider being particularly compassionate to yourself and those around you.
I recently watched Jeff Weiner, chairman of Linkedin, talk about his compassion practice, and he distilled it down to 5 things:
- Daily gratitude practice: being grateful for something each day
- Be present to the moment whenever you can
- Be helpful to others if you can
- Choosing love over being right
- Be a spectator to your own thoughts: witnessing yourself versus your thoughts